All charts and tables below reflect the data release on 3/4/2022 from the VAERS website, which includes U.S. and foreign data, and is updated through: 2/25/2022
|High-Level Summary||COVID19 vaccines (Dec’2020 – present)||All other vaccines 1990-present|| US Data Only
COVID19 vaccines (Dec’2020 – present)
|US Data Only
All other vaccines 1990-present
|Number of Adverse Reactions||1,151,450||873,033||774,373||759,806|
|Number of Life-Threatening Events||28,348||14,409||12,095||9,947|
|Number of Hospitalizations||135,783||83,405||55,946||39,035|
|Number of Deaths||24,827*||9,581*||11,312||5,321|
|# of Permanent Disabilities after vaccination||45,615||20,897||12,889||12,919|
|Number of Office Visits||178,013||50,136||152,819||47,941|
|# of Emergency Room/Department Visits||121,569||212,792||95,758||203,232|
|# of Birth Defects after vaccination||958||195||476||107|
The slide below was taken from an FDA document from October 22, 2020 and provides a list of possible adverse event outcomes related to the Covid-19 vaccines.
The following table lists the number of adverse events found in the VAERS data which match the outcomes listed above:
|FDA Listed Symptom||Total (Non-Lethal) Adverse Events||Total Deaths||Total (Non-Lethal) Adverse Events for All Other Vaccines (1990-present)||Total Deaths for All Other Vaccines (1990-present)|
|Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis||162||6||444||30|
|Acute Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack)||4367||1288||334||150|
|Other Acute Demyelinating Diseases||317||6||840||24|
|Pregnancy and birth outcomes (Miscarriages)||3972||120||2887||49|
|Other Allergic Reactions||2152||3||2033||3|
|Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation||217||66||58||25|
|Arthritis and Arthralgia/Joint Pain||73380||221||28720||71|
|Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome||740||52||360||4|
Vaccination Related Risks of COVID19 Vs. Flu
These set of figures compare the COVID19 vaccine to the traditional Flu vaccines. ‘Risk of Death’ percentages depend on the ‘# of Vaccinations’ data, which is only approximate, and was pulled from the CDC’s report on Flu vaccination coverage for the 2019-2020 season, and from CDC’s Vaccination Trends in the US for the COVID19 vaccinations.
Covid19 vaccinations through 5/31/2021 vs. Flu vaccinations 7/1/2019 – 5/31/2020 (last complete flu season)
|Vaccine Type||# of Vaccinations||# of Deaths||Risk of Death||Percentage||Deaths/Mill.
|Flu||167,447,642||33||1 in 5,074,171||0.000020%||0.20|
|COVID19||172,868,043||5,724||1 in 30,201||0.003311%||33.11|
|Vaccine Type||# of Vaccinations||# of Adverse Reactions||Risk of Adverse Reaction||Percentage||AEs/Mill.
|Flu||167,447,642||9,718||1 in 17,231||0.005804%||58.04|
|COVID19||172,868,043||556,008||1 in 311||0.321637%||3,216.37|
 number of flu vaccinations based on estimated flu vaccine coverage data from CDC and estimated population data from US Census. Yearly flu vaccination data covers a period of time from 7/1 to 5/31 of the following year.
 number of covid19 vaccinations based on estimates from CDC’s Vaccination Trends in the US 
 Persons vaccinated with at least one dose.
Vaccine Data by Manufacturer
|Manufacturer||# of Deaths||% Deaths||Average Deaths/Day||# US Deaths||US Doses Administered||Average US Deaths/Mill. Doses||Days since EUA approval||EUA Approval Date-|
|Manufacturer||# of AEs||% AEs||Average AEs/Day||# US AEs||US Doses Administered||Average US AEs/Mill. Doses||Days since EUA approval||EUA Approval Date|
Vaccine Data by Gender
Vaccine Data by Location
- Vaccine data (Covid-19 and other vaccines) taken from CDC’s VAERS website, located here: https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/datasets.html. VAERS data sets in the form of csv files are pulled down weekly and put into a database for reporting/analysis. Data files are available all the way back to 1990.
- Number of doses distributed for other vaccines found in NVICP Data and Statistics report here: https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hrsa/vaccine-compensation/data/data-statistics-report.pdf
- Numbers for Covid-19 vaccines administered by manufacturer found here: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations_vacc-total-admin-rate-total
- Numbers for total Covid-19 vaccine doses administered found here: https://data.cdc.gov/Vaccinations/COVID-19-Vaccination-Trends-in-the-United-States-N/rh2h-3yt2
- Numbers for Flu vaccine doses administered for 2019-2020 season found here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1920estimates.htm
- Numbers for FDA regulated drugs taken from FDA’s FAERS website, located here: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/questions-and-answers-fdas-adverse-event-reporting-system-faers/fda-adverse-event-reporting-system-faers-public-dashboard