All charts and tables below reflect the data release on 01/28/2022 from the VAERS website, which includes U.S. and foreign data, and is updated through: 1/21/2022
|High-Level Summary||COVID19 vaccines (Dec’2020 – present)||All other vaccines 1990-present|| US Data Only
COVID19 vaccines (Dec’2020 – present)
|US Data Only
All other vaccines 1990-present
|Number of Adverse Reactions||1,071,856||869,396||740,000||756,744|
|Number of Life-Threatening Events||25,776||14,345||11,529||9,916|
|Number of Hospitalizations||121,597||82,987||50,387||38,857|
|Number of Deaths||22,607*||9,491*||10,316||5,260|
|# of Permanent Disabilities after vaccination||40,069||20,764||12,033||12,839|
|Number of Office Visits||166,737||49,570||145,347||47,432|
|# of Emergency Room/Department Visits||115,237||212,528||91,991||203,019|
|# of Birth Defects after vaccination||870||191||458||104|
The slide below was taken from an FDA document from October 22, 2020 and provides a list of possible adverse event outcomes related to the Covid-19 vaccines.
The following table lists the number of adverse events found in the VAERS data which match the outcomes listed above:
|FDA Listed Symptom||Total (Non-Lethal) Adverse Events||Total Deaths|
|Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis||156||6|
|Acute Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack)||3900||1161|
|Other Acute Demyelinating Diseases||293||5|
|Pregnancy and birth outcomes (Miscarriages)||3565||113|
|Other Allergic Reactions||2010||3|
|Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation||199||62|
|Arthritis and Arthralgia/Joint Pain||69385||202|
|Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome||653||48|
Vaccination Related Risks of COVID19 Vs. Flu
These set of figures compare the COVID19 vaccine to the traditional Flu vaccines. ‘Risk of Death’ percentages depend on the ‘# of Vaccinations’ data, which is only approximate, and was pulled from the CDC’s report on Flu vaccination coverage for the 2019-2020 season, and from Our World in Data for the COVID19 vaccinations.
Covid19 vaccinations through 5/31/2021 vs. Flu vaccinations 7/1/2019 – 5/31/2020 (last complete flu season)
|Vaccine Type||# of Vaccinations||# of Deaths||Risk of Death||Percentage||Deaths/Mill.
|Flu||167,447,642||33||1 in 5,074,171||0.000020%||.20|
|COVID19||167,733,972||5,654||1 in 29,666||0.003371%||33.71|
|Vaccine Type||# of Vaccinations||# of Adverse Reactions||Risk of Adverse Reaction||Percentage||AEs/Mill.
|Flu||167,447,642||9,717||1 in 17,232||0.005803%||58.03|
|COVID19||167,733,972||545,963||1 in 307||0.3255%||3,255|
 number of flu vaccinations based on estimated flu vaccine coverage data from CDC and estimated population data from US Census. Yearly flu vaccination data covers a period of time from 7/1 to 5/31 of the following year.
 number of covid19 vaccinations based on estimates from Our World in Data  number of covid19 vaccinations based on estimates from Our World in Data
 Persons vaccinated with at least one dose.
Vaccine Data by Manufacturer
|Manufacturer||# of Deaths||% Deaths||Average Deaths/Day||# US Deaths||US Doses Administered||Average US Deaths/Mill. Doses||Days since EUA approval||EUA Approval Date-|
|Manufacturer||# of AEs||% AEs||Average AEs/Day||# US AEs||US Doses Administered||Average US AEs/Mill. Doses||Days since EUA approval||EUA Approval Date|
Vaccine Data by Gender
Vaccine Data by Location
- Vaccine data (Covid-19 and other vaccines) taken from CDC’s VAERS website, located here: https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/datasets.html. VAERS data sets in the form of csv files are pulled down weekly and put into a database for reporting/analysis. Data files are available all the way back to 1990.
- Number of doses distributed for other vaccines found in NVICP Data and Statistics report here: https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hrsa/vaccine-compensation/data/data-statistics-report.pdf
- Numbers for Covid-19 vaccines administered by manufacturer found here: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations_vacc-total-admin-rate-total
- Numbers for total Covid-19 vaccine doses administered found here: https://data.cdc.gov/Vaccinations/COVID-19-Vaccination-Trends-in-the-United-States-N/rh2h-3yt2
- Numbers for Flu vaccine doses administered for 2019-2020 season found here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1920estimates.htm
- Numbers for FDA regulated drugs taken from FDA’s FAERS website, located here: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/questions-and-answers-fdas-adverse-event-reporting-system-faers/fda-adverse-event-reporting-system-faers-public-dashboard